page 167 Brandt asks who are the people, what are the institutions, materials, and motivations that have been involved in your process of gaining access to literacy?
- parents, teachers, celeb, peers
- media, environmental, educational/performing institutions, bookstores, home, workplaces
- books, internet, social media, magazines, pens and pencils, games, notebooks
- to converse with other people
- to make a living for oneself
- if you don’t have it, you don’t have much of anything
- how are you going to leave your house, feed yourself, etc. if not for being literate?
- intrinsic love/passion
- jobs family
ideologies of literacies
- intersection of gender and class